Safe Harbor Statement The following is intended to outline our general product direcLon. It is intended for informaLon purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or funcLonality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and Lming of any features or funcLonality described for Oracle’s products remains at the sole discreLon of Oracle.
Oracle Database 12c support • Full support for Oracle Database Release 12c (184.108.40.206) – MulLtenant, In-‐Memory, … – Grid Infrastructure Upgraded to 220.127.116.11 – Support for database version: 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52 – Choice of CDB and non-‐CDB for new 184.108.40.206 databases
• All the ODA plaRorm advantages available for 12c databases – OAKCLI automated database creaLon – Sizing template support – Best pracLces compliance with 12c init parameters
Provisioning IniLal ConﬁguraLon • Download latest version ODA somware bundle for BM or VM (220.127.116.11.0 latest release) – Grid Infrastructure and Database (/w Linux OS image for VM) • Patched with current patch set, PSU and all criLcal one-‐oﬀ’s
• Gather conﬁguraLon info through a Wizard • Deploys Oracle RAC in less than an hour
ASM Cluster File System (ACFS) IntegraLon • New Oracle 12c and 11g databases are automaLcally created in ACFS • Beneﬁts of using ACFS – High performance and highly available cluster ﬁle system – Built on top of Oracle ASM – Fully integrated with Grid Infrastructure – Database aware – Support advanced storage features like ﬁle system snapshots and replicaLon – Very high disk IO (naLve) performance for database workloads – OpLmal for both Database and non-‐database workloads
• Source database requirements – 18.104.22.168 or greater – Located on ACFS – ARCHIVE mode enabled – Primary database and open – All data ﬁles are online and no data ﬁle is missing – If data ﬁles are encrypted, wallet password is required
• Domain 0 bootstraps the deployment process and maintains the local storage repository for VMs • ODA Base is a privileged VM domain that provides naLve disk performance for databases • Individual VM domains provide isolaLon to run applicaLons, middleware, etc.
VLAN Support Provide Network Security IsolaLon for MulLple Workloads Sharing Common Network
• ODA X3-‐2 and ODA X4-‐2 for outbound communicaLon – Ships with 2 highly available preconﬁgured (bonded) network interfaces
• VLAN enables customer to create mulLple isolated, secure networks on these 2 interfaces • ApplicaLon VMs can have dedicated VLAN to ensure security and compliance • ODA_Base can also be conﬁgured to work with its own VLAN
WebLogic Template WebLogic WebLogic VM WebLogic VM WebLogic VM VM
• Much faster provisioning with new ‘snap’ feature – 15 minutes • WebLogic templates for 11g (10.3.6), 12c (12.1.2 and 12.1.3) • Oracle Database 12c
WebLogic WebLogic VM WebLogic VM WebLogic VM VM
• MulL domain and mulL cluster opLons, including single instance • Coherence opLon during provisioning • New licensing opLons include a 'pool' of WebLogic licenses with min/max range, that can be allocated to WebLogic, Oracle Traﬃc Director and other Oracle Cloud ApplicaLon FoundaLon products.