1. You should attempt all 40 questions. Each question is worth one mark. 2. Mark your answers on the answer sheet provided. Use a pencil (NOT ink pen). 3. There is only one correct answer per question. 4. You have 60 minutes to complete this paper. 5. You must achieve 26 or more out of a possible 40 marks (65%) to pass this examination.
1. Which of the following examples is a source of best practice?
a) A hardware supplier b) A service management tool c) ISO / IEC 20000 d) A consultancy organization
2. Which is the CORRECT explanation of how a service facilitates an outcome?
a) By enhancing the performance of associated tasks and reducing the effect of constraints b) By comparing service value with service cost to ensure there is an equal ratio c) By ensuring data is translated directly into wisdom allowing better business decisions to be made d) By allowing the achievement of contractual obligations and avoiding financial penalties
3. What ITIL term is used for customers of IT services who do NOT work in the same organization as the service provider?
a) Strategic customers b) External customers c) Valued customers d) Internal customers
a) The process owner, process policy and set of process activities b) The service owner, service level agreement and set of process procedures c) The policy owner, operational level agreement and set of process steps d) The service manager, service contract and set of work instructions
5. All of the stages of the ITIL lifecycle have a role to play in ensuring the delivery of high quality IT services at optimum cost.
Which of these has the BEST opportunity to prevent difficulties as early as possible and minimize the cost of any remedial work?
a) Service transition b) Continual service improvement (CSI) c) Service design d) Service operation
6. Which is NOT part of the service transition stage of the service lifecycle?
a) Successfully deploying service releases into supported environments b) Designing and developing capabilities for service management c) Ensuring that service changes create the expected business value d) Planning the resources required to manage a release
a) To coordinate and carry out the activities and processes required to deliver services to the business and manage them at agreed levels b) To successfully release services into a live or supported environment c) To identify opportunities to provide services and exploit them d) To define the capability required to deliver the IT strategy
8. Which is the BEST description of a business case?
a) A decision support and planning tool that details the likely consequences of a business action b) A document that details the terms of a service for particular customers in the same company c) A complaint by the business about a missed service level d) The terms and conditions in an IT outsource contract
Which of these statements about service asset and configuration management is CORRECT?
1. A configuration item (CI) can be a component part of one or more other CIs 2. How an organization groups components into configuration items will depend on the level of control they wish to exert 3. A single configuration management database (CMDB) is the objective for an organization 4. All CMDB audits should be conducted by external auditors using a CMDB standard
a) How quickly a service or component can be restored after failure b) The ability of a third party supplier to meet the terms of its contract c) The ability of a service desk to restore service to configuration items (CIs) and infrastructure components d) The ability of a service, component or CI to perform its agreed function when required
11. The definitive media library is the responsibility of:
a) Facilities management b) Access management c) Request fulfilment d) Service asset and configuration management
12. ‘A cause of one or more incidents’ is the ITIL definition of which of these terms?
a) A known error b) A workaround c) A problem d) A root cause
19. In which document would you expect to see an overview of actual service achievements against targets?
a) Operational level agreement (OLA) b) Capacity plan c) Service level agreement (SLA) d) SLA monitoring (SLAM) chart
20. Where should a customer’s initial service targets be recorded before the service level agreement (SLA) is produced?
a) In an operational level agreement (OLA) b) In a list of service level requirements (SLR) c) In the service catalogue d) In the configuration management database (CMDB)
21. The remediation plan should be evaluated at what point in the change lifecycle?
a) Before the change is approved b) Immediately after the change has failed and needs to be backed out c) After implementation but before the post implementation review d) After the post implementation review has identified a problem with the change
22. Which of the following lists shows change types defined in ITIL?
a) Strategic, emergency and normal b) Strategic, urgent and emergency c) Standard, urgent and normal d) Standard, emergency and normal
23. Which is the BEST reason for categorizing incidents?
a) To identify trends for use in problem management and other IT service management activities b) To ensure service levels are met and breaches of agreements are avoided c) To enable the incident management database to be partitioned for greater efficiency d) To identify whether the user is entitled to log an incident for this particular service
24. What should be documented in an incident model?
1. Chronological order of steps to resolve the incident 2. Details of the service level agreement (SLA) targets and reliability 3. Details of agreed service continuity requirements 4. Escalation procedures for who should be contacted and when
31. Which process is responsible for ensuring that appropriate testing takes place?
a) Knowledge management b) Release and deployment management c) Service asset and configuration management d) Service level management
32. Which term describes the experiences, ideas, insights and values of individuals?
a) Data b) Information c) Knowledge d) Governance
33. What is the purpose of transition planning and support?
a) Provide overall planning for service transitions and coordinate the resources they require b) Ensure that all service transitions are properly authorized c) Provide the resources to allow all infrastructure elements of a service transition to be recorded and tracked d) To define testing scripts to ensure service transitions are unlikely to ever fail
a) Intrusion detection b) Recording and monitoring environmental conditions in the data centre c) Recording service desk staff absence d) Monitoring the status of configuration items
35. Which process is responsible for dealing with complaints, comments, and general enquiries from users?
a) Service level management b) Service portfolio management c) Request fulfilment d) Demand management
36. Which is the BEST description of a centralized service desk?
a) The desk is co-located within or physically close to the user community it serves b) The desk uses technology and other support tools to give the impression that multiple desk locations are in one place c) The desk provides 24 hour global support d) There is a single desk in one location serving the whole organization
37. Which is an objective of application management?
a) Defining where the vendor of an application should be located b) Ensuring that the required functionality is available to achieve the required business outcome c) Evaluating the patterns of business activity by types of users d) Agreeing the service levels for the service supported by the application
38. Which statement about a service owner is INCORRECT?
a) Carries out the day-to-day monitoring and operation of the service they own b) Contributes to continual improvement affecting the service they own c) Is a stakeholder in all of the IT processes which support the service they own d) Is accountable for a specific service within an organization
39. Which rule should be followed when defining a RACI authority matrix?
a) More than one person is accountable b) At least one person is consulted c) Only one person is accountable d) Only one person is responsible